Tuesday 25 August 2009

Welcome to my blog

In recent months I have posted on this blog as Chair of the NFWI’s Public Affairs committee, the part of the WI that takes on most of the campaigning.

But I was elected Chair of the NFWI in June which means my ‘area of responsibility’ is now the whole organisation. Wow! Together with many other members, I work to achieve the WI’s objectives of enabling women to make a difference in their communities and to provide a setting for learning. This can be within an individual WI, in a federation, at our adult education centre, Denman College, in Oxfordshire, or from campaigning action.

There is a niche for every woman in the WI with lots of opportunities to make friends and to have fun. I know this is true. I joined the WI more than 30 years ago at the age of 23 and have made so many friends and had the best times; and I still love being part of the WI.

I will be blogging on a range of subjects and issues in the coming months and look forward to hearing your comments.